The professionalization of the technical department starts off with the introduction of a new method of working.
VDMXL contains a method of working based on proven best practices adopted by leading Maintenance & Asset Management organizations operating in various industries. This method of working is described using over 60 work processes that together form the VDMXL Process Map. The VDMXL Process Map can be modified to meet the organization’s specific needs and is ideally suited for Business Process Reengineering (BPR) projects. The key VDMXL Process Map features are as follows:
- Visualization of over 60 work processes that together cover all competences within a Maintenance & Asset Management organization.
- Process descriptions on the basis of proven best practices, such as Reliability Centered Maintenance (RCM), Total Productive Maintenance (TPM), Long Term Asset Planning (LTAP) and Asset Cost Budgetting (ACB).
- Reference, at the activity level, to transactions within EAM systems (SAP EAM, Maximo, Infor EAM, Ultime, etc.).
- Pre-designed task and responsibility profiles for approximately 20 standard roles within a Maintenance & Asset Management organization.
- Digital process modeling environment that can be flexibly adjusted to meet the organization’s needs and requirements.
- Complete coverage of the ISO 55000 standard.